- This event has passed.
Building Simulation-based Applications using R shiny and mrgsolve
June 10 - June 11
This is a two day workshop held on 10 & 11 June, 9:00am – 4:30pm each day.
Location: Hotel C, Vasplam 4, 111 20, Stockholm, Sweden (near the PAGE 2019 meeting at the Stockholm Waterfront Congress Centre).
We will provide a guided hands-on experience in the use of the R package mrgsolve (https://mrgsolve.github.io). mrgsolve is a free, open source, validated R package to facilitate simulation from hierarchical, ODE-based PK/PD and systems pharmacology models frequently employed in pharmaceutical research and development programs. You will code, execute, and summarize PK, PK/PD simulations using mrgsolve and R. On day two, we will introduce the shiny framework, building on the modeling techniques we’ve learned in day one to develop a number of dashboards and applications that allow the modeling results to be controlled and visualized through interactive user interfaces.
$1200 for industry
$600 for academia/government
$300 for students.
Materials Provided by Metrum: Metworx user login (with 1-week access post-workshop), course slides, data and code for all examples.
Requirements for Attendees: Knowledge and experience in PKPD modeling and simulation, nonlinear mixed effects modeling and the use of R (or S-PLUS).
Participants should bring a laptop that meets the following requirements:
- Browser: Chrome, Firefox, or Safari
- Internet access via Wi-Fi
Upon completion of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Code ODE-based models in mrgsolve format
- Work with mrgsolve model objects and simulation output
- Create simulations of varying complexity, using event objects and simulation data sets
- Create population simulations that incorporate uncertainty in the parameters to address questions in drug development
- Build and develop shiny applications
- Combine mrgsolve and shiny to develop interactive decision-support tools